Re: PITR Dead horse? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PITR Dead horse?
Date
Re: PITR Dead horse?  ("Nicolai Tufar" <ntufar@pisem.net>)
List pgsql-hackers

Ahh, that's not quite what I thought you meant. It sounded like you were
questioning the reliability of PostgreSQL, not it's ability to be
recovered to point of failure.

> > Do they have specific problems with the reliability of PostgreSQL
> then?
> > Perhaps you could post details of how things have gone
> wrong for them
> > (assuming you haven't already - I don't recall anything on -hackers
> > recently).
>
> Nothing remarkable. PostgreSQL just works. Bu as I said
> before, In enterprise world, good sleep at night is treasured
> above all.

My SQL2K servers give me far more sleepless nights than PostgreSQL ever
did!

Regards, Dave.