Re: PITR Dead horse? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nicolai Tufar
Subject Re: PITR Dead horse?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

It's not like that. It's more like 'what will happen if we had a
powercut/
disk failure/cpu failure/memory failure, etc, etc.' and that answer I
have
to give is 'why, there is PITR of course!'. No other answer will pass in
enterprise world. Those people are not open-minded, they'd rather be
safe
than sorry.

> Do they have specific problems with the reliability of PostgreSQL
then?
> Perhaps you could post details of how things have gone wrong for them
> (assuming you haven't already - I don't recall anything on -hackers
> recently).

Nothing remarkable. PostgreSQL just works. Bu as I said before,
In enterprise world, good sleep at night is treasured above all.