Re: PITR Dead horse? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PITR Dead horse?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> Ahh, that's not quite what I thought you meant. It sounded like you were
> questioning the reliability of PostgreSQL, not it's ability to be
> recovered to point of failure.

I think the waters got muddied a bit by the suggestion elsewhere in the
thread (not from Nicolai, IIRC) that we needed a mailing list to talk
about reliability issues in general.  We know we need PITR to help us
become a more credible enterprise-grade database; so that discussion is
short and sweet.  What people were confused about was whether there was
enough other issues to need ongoing discussion.