Re: pgadmin 3 on SUSE linux 9.0 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgadmin 3 on SUSE linux 9.0
Date
Re: pgadmin 3 on SUSE linux 9.0  (justin@exinet.co.za (Justin Walsh))
List pgadmin-support

From: Justin Walsh [mailto:justin@exinet.co.za]
Sent: 27 January 2004 05:13
To: Dave Page
Cc: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] pgadmin 3 on SUSE linux 9.0

Hi,

My system has the following versions of the libraries:
libcrypto.so.0.9.7
libssl.so.0.9.7

Does this mean that I need to downgrade my system to the 0.9.6 versions to get pgadmin to work?

That's not such a good idea.

 Are these libraries not backwardly compatible?

You would think so being only a minor version number bump. You could try symlinking them (from the directory in which you found them):

ln -s libcrypto.so.0.9.7 libcrypto.so.0.9.6
ln -s libssl.so.0.9.7 libssl.so.0.9.6

 Is there a way that I can get these libaries and use them just for the execution of pgadmin without downgrading the whole system?

It would be easier (and wiser) to compile your own copy. I can help you with that if the above doesn't work - it's not nearly as difficult as a quick glance at the docs implies!

Regards, Dave.