Re: pgadmin 3 on SUSE linux 9.0 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgadmin 3 on SUSE linux 9.0
Date
Re: pgadmin 3 on SUSE linux 9.0  (justin@exinet.co.za (Justin Walsh))
List pgadmin-support
Hi Justin,

Do you have any libcrypto or libssl's already on your system? They're probably in /usr/lib...

Regards, Dave.

From: Justin Walsh [mailto:justin@exinet.co.za]
Sent: 23 January 2004 11:42
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] pgadmin 3 on SUSE linux 9.0

Hi,

I am new to both pgadmin/postgres and Linux, so forgive the naivety...
First let me say that I am extremely impressed with your product, having used it on the windows platform to connect to dbs running on *nix machines.
I switched o/s to suse 9.0 and wished to install pgadmin3.  I noted that the version out was for suse 8.2. When I rpm'd the package I got a dependency error for:

libcrypto.so.0.9.6 en libssl.so.0.9.6

I ensured that my distribution was current with that placed on the suse site (yast) and tried again, but to no avail.

What can I do to get pgadmin to work on suse (assuming that I know very little about linux etc)?
Is there a build going to be made that will be expected to run on suse 9.0

Thanks in advance

Justin