Re: bug? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: bug?
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi Gary,

No, I'm afraid this is not possible unless you can modify the code
yourself.

> And one thing i notice is that if my MSSQL index name
> contain the string 'name' eg IX_UC_Community_name, migration
> will rename it to IX_UC_Community_-0

The algorithm actually creates the name as:

However the <tablename>_<indexname> section is truncated to a maximum of
26 characters. There are various historical reasons for this - mainly it
is to ensure that the name is both unique across the database, not too
long (for older versions of PostgreSQL), and vaguely useful. Again
though, you cannot modify this behaviour without changing the code.

> great software though!

Thanks!

Regards, Dave.