Re: Hello and some questions - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Hello and some questions
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi Gavin

:-)

> 1. What is the current take on having one common design that
> is an integration of look, feel, and navigation across all of
> the sub-sites?

That is something I think we're all agreed we would like to see.

> 2.  What is the current preference on programming languages
> for the seperate sites?

PHP4. Arguments could be made for using a CMS such as Bricolage for
techdocs however (I think Josh looked at this, though I don't know how
far he got).

> 3.  Is programatic content management being done at all on
> the sites, or are they done via manual HTML editing?

Andreas' new portal is all DB backed content with online
translation/editting, as is the existing advocacy site iirc. The
existing portal has news, events and the docs in the DB. Techdocs is a
mix of PHP pages with content and Wiki code iirc.

> 4. What areas are open to modification, discussion, design
> and implementation, and what are off limits?

Nothing is off-limits though we should be giving priority to Andreas'
new code at the moment. Once the main portal is as we wish, then the
rest of the sites can be brought in line.

Regards, Dave.