Re: Contributed packages and trust problem ? - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Contributed packages and trust problem ?
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Never considered it in the past as I always did the builds. I think it is a valid problem though. Is there any way we
cansign the source code such that when it's compiled we can verify that it was unmodified source?

> Is everybody ok to upload his files on snake (I vote yes) ?
> Another thing I wanted to talk about since days concerns
> signing of our
> packages. Is there something done for the moment ? Shall someone sign
> the files ? Shall every packager sign its own package ? I'm currently
> looking to what's done in Debian and will give you some
> feedback on it.

What did you have in mind, a pgp sig for each file? I don't see that as a problem for each packager to create.

Regards, Dave.