Re: [pgadmin-hackers] copy paste ? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgadmin-hackers] copy paste ?
Date
List pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam H. Pendleton [mailto:fmonkey@fmonkey.net]
Sent: 02 July 2003 12:30
To: Dave Page
Cc: John Bercik; pgadmin support; pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgadmin-support] copy paste ?

Dave Page wrote:
Hi John,

The major part of the problem is that copy/paste is handled by the
window manager not pgAdmin, so it's quite difficult for us to fix.
Jean-Michel has tested on the same platform as you (Kde 3/Redhat 9
iirc), and it works fine for him, so it's presumably something specific
to your configuration.

Anyone on -hackers have any ideas?

My first question would be what exactly is the method he is using for cutting/pasting?  There are esentially two ways to copy/paste, one done largely by X and the other done by the window manager.  The first involves highlighting the text to copy, then using the middle mouse button to paste.  The other involves the Edit->Copy menu item.  Which method is he using?

In a previous email John said:

Dave, I do 3 ways, Right click copy / paste, Ctrl C / paste and just

highlight copy / middle click paste. I even changed my background color thinking they might be pasting white but i get nothing.Regards, Dave