Re: Howto Make? - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Howto Make?
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Some old instructions that should work:

wxWindows 2.4.0. Download from www.wxwindows.org, compile and install.

PostgreSQL 7.3.x. Download 7.3.3 from
www.postgresql.org/mirrors-ftp.html if required. Compile and install (no
need to initdb or start the postmaster if you have another server).

In the wxWindows/contrib/src directory, you should find stc and xrc
directories. Compile and build libstc and libwxxrc from these (should
just need a make; make install in each directory).

Finally, grab the pgAdmin source tarball from
http://snake.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3-src-20030528.tar.gz. Unpack it, and
run the configure script. You may need to specify
--with-pgsql=/path/to/pgsql and/or --with-wx=/path/to/wxwindows. Now
make; make install.

Note that the build system is still fairly new - in particular the
install target is fairly untested. If it complains that it can't load
XRC files, it should find them if they are in ui/common relative to the
location of the executable.

Note that if you want to run CVS code, you need an up-to-date versions
of automake/autoconf. You will need to run 'sh bootstrap' before
configure.

Regards, Dave.