Re: gcc ignoring defined macros? - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: gcc ignoring defined macros?
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam H. Pendleton [mailto:fmonkey@fmonkey.net]
Sent: 06 October 2003 18:26
To: Dave Page
Cc: Hiroshi Saito; pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] gcc ignoring defined macros?

Dave Page wrote:

 I was about to fix this, when I realized that I was about to add -DSSL to the command-line for *all* situations.  Is this what we want, or is this supposed to be a conditional compile option?  If it's needed for *all* situations, then why included it at all, why not just remove the #ifdefs and always compile the SSL code?

We should probably include it as an option as not everyone compiles PostgreSQL with SSL support (I normally don't for example). Can it be done automagically by looking for the SSL_connect symbol in libpq.a/libpq.so?

Regards, Dave.