Re: A bit of a problem... - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: A bit of a problem...
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi Mike,

Please use the pgadmin-support@postgresql.org list for future support issues.
-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Glauser [mailto:MGlauser@Landata.com]
Sent: 19 August 2003 21:57
To: dpage@pgadmin.org
Subject: A bit of a problem...

I was migrating a fairly significant database from MS SQL to PostgreSQL and when it was all finished, it undid itself.
I didn't say anything that I could use to figure out why.

Is there any way to tell WHAT was invalid, or what it was trying to do at that point (apparently after finishing).

Yes, please set the log level to SQL & Errors under Tools -> Options, and rerun the migration to create an SQL log. Unfortunately this will slow down things somewhat, so if you can do it with an exact copy of the table, just with fewer rows it would probably be less painful.

Maybe a feature that would commit after the table is built, and after each index is built.  At least this might have saved me a day's work and the attempt to find some other way to move my database to PostgreSQL.

You probably saw the per-table commit option. Most people don't even use that, never mind a per-object commit :-(

Regards, Dave.