Re: Edit Data dialog - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Edit Data dialog
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

You can - just start typing in the row marked with a *.

> Also, when using the edit data dialog, a
> column named
> "OIDS" exists, which I don't really understand.  Isn't that a
> database-specific column?  Should it even be visible?

PostgreSQL has an 'oid' column which is unique within a given table (in
theory, unless oid wraparound occurs). It used to be common for people
to use this column as part of their schema. Nowadays, you can create
tables WITHOUT OIDS to prevent premature wraparound, however some people
do still use them, so seeing them may be useful. Note that you cannot
edit them.

Incidently, I did notice that when editting data in the grid, you only
seem to be able to append data to a string if it exceeds the width of
the column on screen. To insert data anywhere in the string, you must
resize the column such that it can hold the whole string visible at
once.

:-(

Regards, Dave.