pg_constraint and constraint triggers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject pg_constraint and constraint triggers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I couldn't find anything obvious in the archives, but if I dump a
database created in 7.2, then foreign keys are created using CREATE
CONSTRAINT TRIGGER statement. These do not appear to create entries in
pg_constraint in 7.3.x, so as the database is developed further, we end
up with 2 'styles' of fkeys in the catalogues.

This is a pain in pgAdmin III as we we're hoping to use pg_constraint
for simplicity (figuring out the fkeys in 7.2 was always fun :-) ). Is
there any way to get the required entries in the catalog easily, or
should I look at writing some code to generate them (or alternatively,
is there a reason why I shouldn't)?

Regards, Dave.