Re: Autoconf code - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Autoconf code
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

The latest version from CVS (I don't know if Andreas included your
latest update yet) seems to work, and includes --static and
--static-libgcc. How easy is it to only put those in if --static is
specified to configure? I guess it would also require the -static to be
taken out of the wx_config command line.

> Try it on your system and see what happens.  Incidentally,
> the "correct"
> way to compile in a new library is to use -l<lib>, not to
> list the full
> library.  So you should use -lcrypt instead of
> /usr/lib/libcrypt.a.  Not
> that it matters.  At least it *shouldn't*.  :)

Yeah, I tried that first but it didn't like it. Must have been a typo or
something.

Regards, Dave.