Re: PG Migration Wizard - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PG Migration Wizard
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi Mark,

Currently this functionality has not been implemented as it proved during testing to cause more problems than it was work (expressions are not always compatible).

I might revisit it sometime, but it's fairly low on my list I'm afraid. In the meantime, you can edit the column defaults manually - a pain, but hopefully you need only do it once.

Regards, Dave.
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Levene [mailto:Mark@UnderGlass.co.nz]
Sent: 31 March 2003 05:13
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] PG Migration Wizard

Hi

The "Default" values don't seem to come across from an Access database using the PG Migration Wizard, (except for the "autonumber fields").

For example, using the Migration Wizard to bring the tables across, I get

---snip---
   "StartRange" integer,
   "EndRange" integer,
   "StartDate" date,
   "EndDate" date,
---snip---

whereas, I wanted

---snip---
   "StartRange" integer DEFAULT 0,
   "EndRange" integer DEFAULT 0,
   "StartDate" date DEFAULT now(),
   "EndDate" date DEFAULT '2299-12-31'::date,
---snip---

Now, I could go and check each table, however it would be great if they came across.

Thanks for a wonderful product (which I will continue to say until hell freezes over!)

Thanks,
Mark ...