Re: exporting date values from access - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: exporting date values from access
Date
List pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: administrator@K-Soft [mailto:admin@ksoft.org]
Sent: 23 March 2003 18:21
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] exporting date values from access

Hi,
maybe I'm loosing something obvious, but every time I try to export date values from Access tables the database migration wizard returns error rolling back.
I'm mapping access date fields to postgre date fields but the wizard takes the complete date/time value trying to insert it in the corresponding postgre date field... see the log!
I'm trying to migrate via pgadmin from access date values (time set to 00:00:00) , time values (date set to 1899-12-30) and timestamp (date with time) values to corresponding postgre fields, but how this can be done? (access has only one type of date/time value with different rappresentation)

Hi Zoltan,

Please try the snapshot from the binaries folder at http://cvs.pgadmin.org/. Installation nstructions are in the README.

How  can I migrate fields defaults too?

This is currently not supported, but can be done manually in pgAdmin after migration.

How can I alter from pgadmin column properties (typically change data type) ?

 If you select the Properties page (right-click, Properties) of the column you want to change, you can edit some details on the Properties form. You cannot change the column data type however as PostgreSQL doesn't support this.

Regards, Dave.