Re: Clone object database - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Clone object database
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delay in looking at this, I've been swamped!

A few immediately obvious problems with this patch I'm afraid:

1) It should include all object types - aggregates, casts, types etc
should be handled as well.

2) The new objects are not added to the treeview.

3) User variables are not cloned with the user.

4) Numeric columns in tables do not include their scale.

5) 'System' indexes (such a created by Primary Key or Unique
constraints) will also be manually recreated.

6) The patch doesn't include updates to frmMain and clsContext to handle
the menus.

I've not applied this update because of these. I think this is a complex
update to do well so it may well take a few revisions until we're all
happy :-)

Regards, Dave.

http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
Viaggiare in aereo spendendo poco non è un sogno perchè Sterling fa dei
tuoi sogni realtà, clicca subito Clicca qui:
http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1227&d=13-3

Attachment