Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign
Date
List pgsql-hackers

That's basically it. pgAdmin jumps through hoops trying to parse the SQL
the user enters to figure out tables and columns etc, and currently the
ODBC driver doesn't even bother in many cases (it does have a 'Parse
Statements' option but that rarely helps) and ends up returning
incorrect info. I don't know much about the JDBC driver, but Barry did
say this fix would save him exactly the same problems.

Regards, Dave.