Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign
Date
List pgsql-hackers

That may be true for pgAdmin III, (though it probably won't help through
an ODBC/ADO interface as pgAdmin II uses), but it doesn't help ODBC,
JDBC, dotNET DP etc. provide the metadata on resultsets that their specs
require them to.

What prompted me to think about this issue (again), is that the ODBC
driver incorrectly reports columns in a resultset as nullable, because
it has no way of telling otherwise. This issue breaks OpenOffice which
is using perfectly valid apis. pgAdmin III just happens to be able to
benefit from such an update as well.

Regards, Dave.