Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign
Date
Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign
List pgsql-hackers

I suggested using names to Tom for this reason, but he preferred to use
attrelid/attnum.

> My preference would be to be able to query the backend for
> the information if I need it. It is rarely required.

Rarely required by most applications, but most interfaces do need this
ability, and so do apps like pgAdmin and OpenOffice that allow the
execution of arbitrary queries and subsequent updating of the results.

Regards, Dave.