Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign
Date
List pgsql-hackers

What about the addition of pg_attribute.attrelid &
pg_attribute.attname/attnum in RowDesription messages to identify the
underlying attribute (where appropriate)?

I just looked at an issue in the ODBC driver where this would help - it
seems we return incorrect column metadata from query results, I guess (I
haven't look at the code yet) because it's somewhat tricky to figure
out.

Regards, Dave.