Re: log_autovacuum - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: log_autovacuum
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Aug 3, 2007, at 14:59 , Simon Riggs wrote:

>> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> writes:
>>
>>> Sure, whatever makes the most sense.  In fact min_duration would
>>> be more
>>> consistent.
>>
>> I'm not sure I believe Greg's argument about needing more autovac
>> logging parameters, but since this one acts just like
>> log_min_duration_statement, I concur with renaming it.
> log_min_duration_autovacuum
>
> makes the most sense in comparison, IMHO.

True, but the log_min_duration_statement is kind of poorly named (as
is log_min_error_statement). log_statement is the overall concept,
min_duration and min_error further specialize the concept.
log_statement_min_duration and log_statement_min_error would have
been better, IMO. Question is whether it's better to move forward
with consistent naming or improve naming when the chance arises.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net