TEXT question... Was 7.0 key features - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mitch Vincent
Subject TEXT question... Was 7.0 key features
Date
List pgsql-hackers
This brings me to another question. Hopefully there isn't a 8k (max 32k)
limit on TEXT fields -- I'll assume there isn't a limit on TEXT fields for
the purpose of this email..

What do you guys think of storing whole text files (normally stored in a
flat file) in the database for searching purposes? Would a search on an
indexed TEXT field be slow as mud?

I'll try it on my home machine for kicks, just wanted to get some
theoretical opinions...

Thanks!

- Mitch

"The only real failure is quitting."