Re: tsearch consistency trigger on inheritated table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Björn Metzdorf
Subject Re: tsearch consistency trigger on inheritated table
Date
List pgsql-general
> Well, it turned out that column "title" was "character(100)" and not
"text".
> It seems that function tsearch depends on columns being "text". Is there
> some way to circumwent this? txt2txtidx works with "character" too.

The corresponding code part in txtidx.c:

if (numattr < 0 || (!(oidtype == TEXTOID || oidtype == VARCHAROID)))
{
   elog(NOTICE, "TSearch: can not find field '%s'", trigger->tgargs[i]);
   continue;
}

Question is, do I break anything if I add "|| oidtype == CHARACTEROID" ?

Regards,
Bjoern