Re: wire protocol errors on Debian (py3/psyco 2.8) - Mailing list psycopg

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: wire protocol errors on Debian (py3/psyco 2.8)
Date
List psycopg
On 3/14/20 9:12 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Dear Adrian,
>
> unfortunately, we don't have direct contact with the reporter
> (only via our mailing list and they haven't answered so far).
>
>> How was psycopg2 installed?
>
> Given they are running a "standard" Debian/Unstable with a
> Debian package of GNUmed installed and the matching psycopg2
> package version
>
>     psycopg2 module version: 2.8.4 (dt dec pq3 ext lo64)
>
> I suspect they apt-get install'ed it. Which assumption seems
> supported by the package file string in:
>
>     PostgreSQL via DB-API module "<module 'psycopg2' from '/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/psycopg2/__init__.py'>":
APIlevel 2.0, thread safety 2, parameter style "pyformat"

> The one thing that's odd is that the Python version
>
>     Python 3.7.6 (default, Jan 19 2020, 22:34:52) <\n>[GCC 9.2.1 20200117] on linux (posix)
>
> does not match what's available from Debian:
>
>     python3:
>       Installiert:           3.7.3-1
>       Installationskandidat: 3.7.3-1
>       Versionstabelle:
>          3.8.2-1 500
>             500 https://deb.debian.org/debian unstable/main i386 Packages
>          3.7.5-3 500
>             500 https://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye/main i386 Packages
>      *** 3.7.3-1 990
>             990 https://deb.debian.org/debian buster/main i386 Packages
>             100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
>> What is the code being run when the errors are thrown?
>
> It happens (two reports so far) at different stages during
> the bringup phase of the GNUmed client. The code being run is
> the same, but the time of occurrence is different.
>
> case 1:
>
>     select vco.value from cfg.v_cfg_opts_numeric vco where vco.owner = CURRENT_USER and vco.workplace = %(wp)s and
vco.option= %(opt)s and vco.cookie is null limit 1

> case 2:
>
>     select _(message) from cfg.db_logon_banner
>
> where _() translates "message". This is the Python code being
> run (the place of error marked with xxxxx):

Went through the function and the attached logs from the OP. I do not
pretend to understand all of what the logs are showing. Still I do not
see anything that stands out to me.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com