Re: MySQL vs PG TPC-H benchmarks - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Cestmir Hybl
Subject Re: MySQL vs PG TPC-H benchmarks
Date
List pgsql-performance
> Looks like he's using the default postgresql.conf settings in which case
> I'm not suprised at pg looking so slow.

The question also is, IMHO, why the hell, postgreSQL still comes out of the
box with so stupid configuration defaults, totally underestimated for todays
average hardware configuration (1+GHz, 0.5+GB RAM, fast FSB, fast HDD).

It seems to me better strategy to force that 1% of users to "downgrade" cfg.
than vice-versa.

regards
ch