Re: PGWEB Testing Suite Development - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: PGWEB Testing Suite Development
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi Chirag,

On 6/11/21 9:57 AM, Chirag Kasat wrote:
> Hello Everyone, I will be working on the project for developing the
> testing suite for pgweb repository this year as part of GSoC 2021.
> Initially, to start off with the basic unit tests I propose to use the
> pytest module.
> I have written a basic test just to take feedback on whether to go
> forward with this approach and file structure or not.
> The branch is 'testing-suite' and the patch is attached.

Thanks for getting this started.

I haven't had time to test this out yet, but looking through the code
this seems to be an overall correct approach.

I have a few questions:

1. Instead of setting a range on the requirements limits for pytest +
pytest-django, we should fix it to a specific version. If we need to
upgrade, we can always increase the version number

2. Adding onto that, the commit message should address why we are using
those specific versions.

3. In the pytest.ini, is there a reason we are searching for for all of
those types of test files? Is that part of the pytest setup recommendations?

4. We should provide some documentation for how to run the tests.
Probably a good place to start is in a file called "docs/testing.rst"

Thanks again!

Jonathan

Attachment