Re: pg_get_serial_sequence Strangeness/Unreliable? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff MacDonald
Subject Re: pg_get_serial_sequence Strangeness/Unreliable?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 25-Nov-08, at 10:44 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Jeff MacDonald <oss@bignose.ca> writes:
>> The issue, is that when I run pg_get_serial_sequence on a particular
>> table/column it returns NULL.
>
> Does the column actually own that sequence?  Or is its default just
> something that was inserted manually?

Hi Tom, so far as I know the table "owns" the serial in so much as
when i do a \d of the table it says this

status_id     | integer               | not null default
nextval('status_status_id_seq'::regclass)

How else can I check?