Re: tsearch consistency trigger on inheritated table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Björn Metzdorf
Subject Re: tsearch consistency trigger on inheritated table
Date
List pgsql-general
> > When using this trigger on an inheritated table (with "title" being an
> > inheritated column), an insert or update on the table fails stating:
> > NOTICE:  TSearch: can not find field 'title'
> > ERROR:  ExecAppend: Fail to add null value in not null attribute created
>
> Hm, I cannot see how it would matter whether the column is inherited or
> not.  Could you provide a self-contained example of what you're doing?

Well, it turned out that column "title" was "character(100)" and not "text".
It seems that function tsearch depends on columns being "text". Is there
some way to circumwent this? txt2txtidx works with "character" too.

Regards,
Bjoern