Re: PHP calling PHP? - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Steve Werby
Subject Re: PHP calling PHP?
Date
List pgsql-php
"Gyozo Papp" <pgerzson@freestart.hu> wrote:
> Seriously, If you use either $HTTP_POST_VARS or $HTTP_GET_VARS (respect to
the action)
> 1: you can access the variable with its original name
($HTTP_POST_VARS['foo*bar'], in my example),
> 2: but you can't refer to it as a common global variable like : $foo*bar.
> 3: much more interesting with variable variables, try and see. I don't say
annything ... :)

Also, variables cannot have numbers in their name, but a variable variables
workaround allows them to be used.  For example:

You cannot set $1 = "something".

But you can do:

$a = 1;
$$a = "something";
echo $$a; // prints "something".

--
Steve Werby
President, Befriend Internet Services LLC

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster