Re: [Patch] Add missing libraries to Libs.private of libpq.pc - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [Patch] Add missing libraries to Libs.private of libpq.pc
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2020-04-08 11:38, Sandro Mani wrote:
> The following patch, which we added to build mingw-postgresql on Fedora,
> adds some missing libraries to Libs.private of libpq.pc, discovered when
> attempting to statically link with libpq:
>
> -lz: is required by -lcrypto

I think the correct fix for that would be to add libssl to libpq's
Requires.private.

> -liconv: is required by -lintl (though possibly depends on whether
> gettext was compiled with iconv support)

Yeah, in both of these cases it depends on what libssl or libintl
variant you actually got.  It could be the OS one or a separately
installed one, it could be one with or without pkg-config support.  I'm
not sure what a robust solution would be.