LOG entries: "could not receive data from client" ? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From
Subject LOG entries: "could not receive data from client" ?
Date
List pgsql-novice
hi list

we're lately migrating our MSSQL server to PGSQL 8. the performance is great and i'm more than happy with PG. still, i've found quite a lot of the following logfile entries:

2005-08-26 18:54:26 LOG:  could not receive data from client: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
sometimes the error is accompagnied with this one:

2005-08-26 15:59:23 LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
- but most the time not.

as i haven't found any usefull information on this, i hope to get an explanation (and maybe a hint how to get rid of them) here.

this is our setup:
db server: 10.1.1.18 running windows 2003 and pgsql 8
web server: 10.1.1.4 running windows 2003, iis, pgodbc

the pgsql is pretty much in standard configuration except for some increased memory configuration parameters. there are no network outages between the two machines that could provoke an unexpected disconnect...

thanks in advance,
thomas