RE: Multiple LDAP Servers for ldap Authentication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kumar, Virendra
Subject RE: Multiple LDAP Servers for ldap Authentication
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi Chris,

It is better explained if we include an example in the documentation. That will be self explainatory.

Regards,

Virendra

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Browne [mailto:cbbrowne@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2018 6:16 PM
To: Kumar, Virendra
Cc: Alvaro Herrera; pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: Multiple LDAP Servers for ldap Authentication

On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 at 16:17, Kumar, Virendra <Virendra.Kumar@guycarp.com> wrote:

> I figured it out, this is how it works:

> --

> host    all     all                            0.0.0.0/0              ldap ldapserver=server1.com ldapserver=server2.com ldapprefix=PROD01\

> So documentation need some update.

Looking at the docs (doc/src/sgml/client-auth.sgml), it appears to be correct, though it is somewhat ambiguous in that I'd expect "ldapserver=server1.com server2.com" to be OK rather than needing "ldapserver=server1.com ldapserver2.com" instead.  I'm not certain of a way to explain this better.

     <varlistentry>

      <listitem>

       <para>

        Names or IP addresses of LDAP servers to connect to. Multiple

        servers may be specified, separated by spaces.

       </para>

      </listitem>

     </varlistentry>

Perhaps the attached?

--

When confronted by a difficult problem, solve it by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"

This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL.

received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify the sender immediately. Thank you.