Re: Need Database Backup - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Charles Clavadetscher
Subject Re: Need Database Backup
Date
List pgsql-general
Well the rest should be easy.

psql -U ... -h ... -p ... -d ... -f sql_file.sql

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/app-psql.html option "f"

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Melvin Davidson
Sent: Sonntag, 30. August 2015 16:27
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>
Cc: Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>; muralihw03@rediffmail.com; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Need Database Backup

Adrian
From Murali N Rao 5:43 AM (4 hours ago)

>now i have installed new os and installed PGSQL again it working now but no data

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 08/30/2015 07:13 AM, Melvin Davidson wrote:
You need to recreate the database to reload the data into so

    from the windows command line:
    C:\PostgresDB\bin\createdb.exe -U postgres <your db name>;

That assumes Postgres is running, which at this point seems not to be the case or at least is unproven.

    Then to restore the data from the sql backup
    C:\PostgresDB\bin\pg_restore.exe -U postgres <the sql backup file>

This will not work if the *.sql is a plain text file.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

--
Melvin Davidson
I reserve the right to fantasize.  Whether or not you