Adding notes against fields - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Helm
Subject Adding notes against fields
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I was wondering if if is possible to add a note against a field on a postgresql table?

For example when running "\d tablename" i would like to have and additional column called 'notes' which i could add to by altering the table.  As the note would be field specific, not row specific i would rather not have to do it with an additional column in the table!

I have tried searching though the documentation, but so far have no found anything.  Can anyone suggest whether this is in fact possible, and point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks!

- Oliver