Re: error message "psql: expected authentication request from server, but received " when using psql to connect remote database - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From TIAN Justin
Subject Re: error message "psql: expected authentication request from server, but received " when using psql to connect remote database
Date
In response to Re: error message "psql: expected authentication request from server, but received " when using psql to connect remote database  ("Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki@enterprisedb.com>)
Responses Re: error message "psql: expected authentication request from server, but received " when using psql to connect remote database  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
Heikki Linnakangas,

Thanks for your quick response; the server we used is 8.1.4,
The error when using client 8.1.4,=20
> psql -U or -p 2222 -d testdb -h localhost
Output:
psql: expected authentication request from server, but received

when used 8.0.3, no problem,
> psql -U or -p 2222 -d testdb -h localhost
Output:
Password:
Then enter password, it can log in and do all operation.

Thanks,
Justin