Re: pgbench - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Simeó Reig
Subject Re: pgbench
Date
List pgsql-general
A 2013-10-03 17:50, Alvaro Herrera escrigué:
> Giuseppe Broccolo wrote:
>
>> The format of the script file has to be one SQL command per line;
>> multiline SQL commands are not supported, and empty lines are
>> ignored. This could bring to errors. Could this be your case?
>
> Multiline SQL commands are not supported?  Well that sucks, because
> only
> BUFSIZ chars are read from each line.  In my platform that's 8192, but
> maybe in Simeó's case it's shorter .. or maybe his query really is
> longer than 8192 bytes.
>
> This smells like a pgbench bug to me.
>
> --
> Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Álvaro, you hit the nail on the head!

I have seen that in stdio.h BUFSIZ is defined like 1024 in freeBSD 9.0,
probably for this reason I can't test this query (1657 characters), but
I'm able to test shorter queries.

Finally I have done a plsql procedure to call the query from pgbench.
Meanwhile I will try to figure out if I can increase this variable
without affect the system.

Thanks to all

Simeó Reig
Barcelona (Spain)