IndexTupleDSize macro seems redundant - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ildar Musin
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

While I was looking through the indexes code I got confused by couple of
macros - IndexTupleSize() and IndexTupleDSize() - which seem to do the
same thing with only difference that the first one takes pointer as an
argument while the second one takes struct. And in most cases
IndexTupleDSize() is used with dereferencing of index tuple where
IndexTupleSize() would suit perfectly. Is there a particular reason to
have them both? I've made a patch that removes IndexTupleDSize macro.
All the tests have passed.

--
Ildar Musin
i.musin@postgrespro.ru