Re: Starting postmaster at boot - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam Lang
Subject Re: Starting postmaster at boot
Date
List pgsql-general
OH! I get it.  Whereas I have the environment variables in postgres's
.bash_profile, you have it set where those variables are loaded for all
users, correct?

But the part that I don't get is that (typing it at console) I can start
postgresql (while logged in as postgres) with the command: postmaster -i
because I have the variables for the location of postmaster and pgdata set.

But, I would assume that typing the absolute paths would have gotten around
that for when I was doing the su.  Are there other environment variables I
didn't take insto consideration?

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company