Create View failing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bryan White
Subject Create View failing
Date
List pgsql-general
I am trying to play with views.  Every time I try to create one I get a
message like this:

ERROR:  pg_atoi: error reading "3642040800": Numerical result out of range

The reported number is incremented by a small amount each time.  Here is the
create statement:

create view ordertotals as select * from orders;

The orignal statement was more complex (and useful) but I simplified it to
try and narrow down the problem.  I always get the same error message.

Here is the definition of the 'orders' table.
ec=# \d orders
                        Table "orders"
   Attribute    |     Type      |           Modifier
----------------+---------------+------------------------------
 orderid        | integer       | not null
 custid         | integer       | not null
 employee       | text          | not null default ''
 date           | date          | not null default date(now())
 leadsource     | text          | not null default ''
 ordersource    | text          | not null default ''
 paymenttype    | text          | not null default ''
 paymentinfo    | text          | not null default ''
 paymentexpdate | text          | not null default ''
 paymentstatus  | text          | not null default ''
 tax            | numeric(9,2)  | not null default 0
 shipping       | numeric(9,2)  | not null default 0
 shipmethod     | text          | not null default ''
 note           | text          | not null default ''
 shipdate       | date          |
 camptail       | text          | not null default ''
 company        | text          | not null default ''
 title          | text          | not null default ''
 lname          | text          | not null default ''
 fname          | text          | not null default ''
 addr1          | text          | not null default ''
 addr2          | text          | not null default ''
 city           | text          | not null default ''
 state          | text          | not null default ''
 zip            | text          | not null default ''
 country        | text          | not null default ''
 phone          | text          | not null default ''
 batchid        | text          | not null default ''
 paydate        | date          |
 shipemp        | text          |
 couponid       | integer       |
 couponamt      | numeric(10,2) | default '0.00'
Indices: iordcus3,
         iorddate3,
         iordid3,
         iordldsrc3

Bryan White, ArcaMax.com, VP of Technology
You can't deny that it is not impossible, can you.