pgsql 7.4 on minimal environment - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Victor B. Berdin
Subject pgsql 7.4 on minimal environment
Date
Re: pgsql 7.4 on minimal environment  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make PostgreSQL 7.4 to work on a minimal Linux
(2.4.22/libc-2.3.1) environment
comprised of selected libraries and the latest busybox. So far, the
binaries: "initdb", "pg_ctl" and
"initlocation" (initlocation: not really required) won't  work, and
terminates with the "SIGSEGV"
message. All other pg binaries/executables do not report the said
segfault message.
To make the other pg binaries work, I've included each of the libraries
(one after the other) as
they are requested by the executables. On the other hand, "initdb",
"pg_ctl" and "initlocation"
do not suggest the dependencies that they require, thus, I am clueless
as to what else to add/tweak
on my minimal environment.
- The PGSQL build on my dev't/slackware build machine has no problems.
Any help/advise is greately appreciated.

TIA - Vic