Re: weighting (the results of) a query ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Peter Galbavy
Subject Re: weighting (the results of) a query ?
Date
List pgsql-sql
> Most likely you should write UNION ALL, not UNION.  As given, the query
> will go through a pass of attempted duplicate-row-elimination, which is
> almost certainly not what you want.

Not sure - what I want is only one row per real row but ordered as per the
constants. When you say duplicate-row-elimination do you mean including the
'constant' weighting, in which case UNION ALL is probably right. At the
moment, the dataset returned appears correctly de-duplicated.

What I mean is when an image row has both 'eat static' in the caption and as
a keyword, I want it returned only once...

Peter