PgJDBC - Using certificate auth with jboss & postgres - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Eyal Edri
Subject PgJDBC - Using certificate auth with jboss & postgres
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

I'm trying to make postgres and jboss work together using certificate
authentication method and SSL.
I've read some recent posts that this functionality is going to
implemented (?) but I couldn't find documentation about how to implement
it.

We're using postgres 8.4.7 under rhel 6 and the datasource file
'postgres-ds.xml' for jboss comm with pg over jdbc.

I was able to communicate with postgres with 'psql -h localhost -d
postgres -U postgres' (after creating the server/client certs and keys and
setting the auth
To 'cert' in pg_hba.conf'.

What I couldn't find out is how (if possible) to tell jboss(in
postgres-ds.xml)  to use a keystore in order to find the certs it needs to
connect.
Also, if it's possible to define an alias property, so it can access the
relevant certificate in the keystore.

Thanks,

Eyal Edri
Redhat.