Invalid length of startup packet - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Henrik Steffen
Subject Invalid length of startup packet
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello hackers!

Does anyone know what the message "invalid length of startup packet"
in /var/log/messages means? It says it's "fatal" - so what is the reason
for this message, what does it mean and what can I do against it?

I use the latest postgresql-release on a heavily loaded dedicated pentium iv
machine (redhat linux).

Any help or information appreciated,

thanks

(this has been posted on general-list earlier today)

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Henrik Steffen
Geschäftsführer

top concepts Internetmarketing GmbH
Am Steinkamp 7 - D-21684 Stade - Germany
http://www.topconcepts.com          Tel. +49 4141 991230
mail: steffen@topconcepts.com       Fax. +49 4141 991233
24h-Support Hotline:  +49 1908 34697 (EUR 1.86/Min,topc)
System-Partner gesucht: http://www.franchise.city-map.de
Handelsregister: AG Stade HRB 5811 - UstId: DE 213645563