Re: Serious Crash last Friday - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Henrik Steffen
Subject Re: Serious Crash last Friday
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear Philippe,

I have always been using the VACUUM ANALYZE on a daily basis.

I recently changed this cronjob into "VACUUM FULL ANALYZE" - which
didn't help either.

What seems to be helpful is, to drop all user indexes and recreate them
on a daily basis (before, I did this only on a weekly basis once every
sunday)

What exactly is XID wraparound? How can I make sure I am using it? Is it
anything
I shouldn't use? Or should I change anything to make my system run more
stable?

Any help highly appreciated

thanks

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Henrik Steffen
Geschäftsführer

top concepts Internetmarketing GmbH
Am Steinkamp 7 - D-21684 Stade - Germany
http://www.topconcepts.com          Tel. +49 4141 991230
mail: steffen@topconcepts.com       Fax. +49 4141 991233
24h-Support Hotline:  +49 1908 34697 (EUR 1.86/Min,topc)
System-Partner gesucht: http://www.franchise.city-map.de
Handelsregister: AG Stade HRB 5811 - UstId: DE 213645563