Re: How do I set the system time on production server? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ian Barwick
Subject Re: How do I set the system time on production server?
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Friday 15 March 2002 18:29, Ken Corey wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've just realized that our (production, naturally) database's idea of the
> current date/time is 24 hours and 14 minutes fast.  What a weird thing.
>
> So, is there a way to set the date/time?  I've hit the mail archives,
> searchable docs, gone through Bruce Momjian's book, hit google, even
> sacrificed a few chickens just on the off chance, and found nothing.
>
> Lots of queries about dates, times, or how to find the current system
> time...but not how to SET the current system date.

Umm, the system date/time is generally the responsibility of your server
hardware / operating system. In a shell, what does 'date' say?

Ian Barwick

PS tip for all those who haven't tried it: do not attempt to sacrifice
chickens in your server room, the feathers tend to get stuck in the
ventilation.