Re: resource logging to optimize DBMS queries: how match access_log to pg log? - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Scott Weikart
Subject Re: resource logging to optimize DBMS queries: how match access_log to pg log?
Date
List pgsql-php
Responding to my own email...

On Friday 01 March 2002  6:36 pm, Scott Weikart wrote:
> But, how can I match the PHP log with the PID of the database
> connection?  Is there an SQL command I can run to find out my
> connections PID, or some other identifier that I can put in
> PostgreSQL's log?

I just figured out the obvious solution to my first problem: don't
rely on the PostgreSQL log, instead have the PHP application log the
queries itself.

However, I would still like to know the answer to this problem:

> Also, is there a query I can run that will quantify the amount of
> resources that PostgreSQL had to use to satisfy all the queries made
> during the connection?

-scott