Re: RFD: schemas and different kinds of Postgres objects - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Harvey
Subject Re: RFD: schemas and different kinds of Postgres objects
Date
List pgsql-hackers
FYI: Applications like Data Architect would benefit from a consistent and
complete interface to the schema. For example; I found that we had to bypass
the DD views which exist (as I recall) because they did not give us all
information we needed. So we selected stuff from the system tables directly.
Yucky. Sorry I can not recall details but thought that I would mention this
here. The MySQL 'SHOW' statements seem to work pretty well and shields us
from changes to the system tables.

Peter