Numeric and Aggregate: transform node 107 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Contzen
Subject Numeric and Aggregate: transform node 107
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hallo,

first of all, thank you for fixing the ´hash table overflow problem´, I´ve tested it on a join between a 2GB and a 3MB table, it works!

Now, I tried to use the numeric type, and hit the following problem:

create table a (val numeric(10,2));
CREATE
insert into a values('123.45');
INSERT 2402633 1

create table b (val numeric(10,2));
CREATE

insert into b select sum(val) into b;
ERROR: transformExpr: does not know how to transform node 107

insert into b select float8(sum(val)) into b;
INSERT 2402643 1

One other (SQL-) question: How can I cast results to numeric directly? Using float8 cast and the following implicit cast is not very nice.

Kind regards,

Michael Contzen
Dohle Systemberatung, Germany